Accurate Group, LLC doing business as Accurate Title Group, LLC (Florida), Accurate Group of Indiana, LLC, Accurate Group of Illinois, LLC and Accurate Group of New Hampshire. Texas title products are completed by The Accurate Group of Texas, LLC. Arizona title products are completed by Accurate Group Agency, LLC. Alabama title products are completed by Accurate Settlement Group, LLC.
We Are Committed to Safeguarding Customer Information
Use of Personal Information
We request Personal Information from or about you for our own legitimate business purposes and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party. Therefore, we will not release your Personal Information to nonaffiliated parties except: (1) as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have or your lender has requested of us; or (2) as permitted by law.
We may share your Personal Information with our business partners, such as insurance companies, agents, and other real estate settlement service providers. We also may disclose your Personal Information to agents, brokers or representatives to provide you with services you have requested and to third-party contractors or service providers who provide services or other functions to us or on our behalf.
In addition, we will disclose your Personal Information when you directly or indirectly (for example, through your lender) give us permission, when we are required by law or legal process to do so, or when we suspect fraudulent or criminal activities. We also may disclose your Personal Information when otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws such as, for example, when disclosure is needed to enforce our rights arising out of any agreement, transaction or relationship with you.
Confidentiality and Security
Types of Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- information you provide directly to us
- information you provide to us indirectly, for example, through your lender
- information that your lender or our client, if different from you, provides to us
- information third parties provide to us
- information we obtain from governmental, commercial and online sources and data providers.
Such Personal Information may be obtained from:
- the orders you or your representatives transact on our systems
- the orders we transact on our systems on behalf of you or your customers
- your historical order information we maintain on our computer systems.
Personal Information that we collect may include:
- identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, account number, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
- records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information.
We may also collect information about online activity on our websites, in order to make them more usable, but we do not collect information that identifies you or your customers as an individual in this way without your knowledge.
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, and unique device identifiers). We may associate your device identifiers with your account(s).
Use of the Information We Collect
Sharing Information With Nonaffiliates
We do not share Personal information with nonaffiliated companies unless you have given us permission to do so or unless it is necessary to maintain your business or service your transaction. We may use certain nonaffiliated companies to perform services on our behalf and at our direction to help us communicate with you, or to help us offer or provide to you products or services in connection with your business or transaction. In these circumstances, we have written agreements that require the parties with whom we are sharing your Personal Information to keep it safe and confidential and to use it only for the purposes we specify. When entering into an agreement to provide services to any financial institution we contractually agree that customers’ Personal Information will not be sold. Nor will we share that Personal Information with any other party including our affiliates for purposes that are not related to providing services.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
We do not permit list brokers, mail-order businesses, telemarketers, or other marketing companies to contact you to promote their products or services, and we do not sell, lend, or give out your Personal Information for this purpose. We may however, transfer Personal Information to a third party as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business provided that your Personal Information will continue to be protected consistent with this policy.
Accurate Group websites and mobile applications are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect information from children.
Submitting a Verifiable Request that Personal Information be Deleted
You may submit a request to us that we identify to you the categories and specific items of Personal Information about you that we collected. You may also request that we delete your Personal Information. You may make such request by calling our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1-888-258-5757 or by contacting us through our website at http://www.accurategroup.com/company/contacts/ . We may request additional information from you with which to verify your identity for the security of such requests and we may exercise our rights under applicable law to not fulfill your request.